Milestones & History
More than 45 years ago, Hans Schanz already broached the subject of unusual roller shutters. The result was a roller shutter that could be inserted from below into many different window shapes. The Studio Star was born.
Once presented as a world novelty from Baden-Württemberg, our product range is constantly being expanded and existing products are regularly further developed. Today, we are also established internationally and are synonymous with top quality.
- 1977 Development of roller shutters begins and Schanz GmbH is founded.
- 1990 Founding of Wiga Star GmbH - Production of shading systems for winter gardens
- 1995 Subsidiary: Alutech United, Inc.
- 2002 Joachim Schanz moves to the USA and becomes director of Alutech United, Inc.
- 2003 Schanz GmbH and Wiga Star GmbH merge --> Founding of today's Schanz Rollladensysteme GmbH
- 2006 Creation of the Swiss branch
- 2006 Schanz Rollladensysteme GmbH takes over Management & Marketing GmbH
- 2006 Introduction of the CE mark
- 2007 The wind resistance of Schanz roller shutters is classified according to CE criteria.
- 2007 Turnover for the first time > €6 million
- 2007 Introduction of a new corporate identity, new logo, new slogan, website, advertisements, ...
- 2008 Creation of an apprenticeship in the commercial field
- 2009 Creation of an apprenticeship position in the field of mechatronics for roller shutters and solar protection
- 2009 Thermal test conclusive
- 2010 Website in English
- 2011 Lugano Trade Fair and Schanz brochure now in Italian
- 2011 Schanz is now on Facebook
- 2011 Apprentices in commercial and shutter construction have passed their exams and are hired
- 2012 Website in French
- 60 employees in Simmersfeld
- 68 employees throughout Germany
- Longest serving employee: Jürgen Seitz, since 1978
- Best selling roller shutter: Studio Star
- more than 3,000 oblique roller shutters and winter garden roller shutters produced every year
- Certified training company (currently, 3 apprentices: 1 commercial and 2 roller shutter manufacturers)
- 2021 starts with our new website